1. Burgomaster KA, Howarth KR, Phillips SM, Rakobowchuk M, MacDonald MJ, McGee SL, et al. Similar metabolic adaptations during exercise after low volume sprint interval and traditional endurance training in humans. The Journal of physiology. 2008;586(1):151-60.
2. Gibala MJ, Little JP, Van Essen M, Wilkin GP, Burgomaster KA, Safdar A, et al. Short‐term sprint interval versus traditional endurance training: similar initial adaptations in human skeletal muscle and exercise performance. The Journal of physiology. 2006;575(3):901-11.
3. Gibala MJ, Little JP, MacDonald MJ, Hawley JA. Physiological adaptations to low‐volume, high‐intensity interval training in health and disease. The Journal of physiology. 2012;590(5):1077-84.
4. Zuhl M, Kravitz L. Hiit vs. continuous endurance training: battle of the aerobic titans. IDEA Fitness Journal. 2012;9(2):34-40.
5. Keating SE, Machan EA, O'Connor HT, Gerofi JA, Sainsbury A, Caterson ID, et al. Continuous exercise but not high intensity interval training improves fat distribution in overweight adults. Journal of obesity. 2014;2014.
6. Larsen RG, Maynard L, Kent JA. High‐intensity interval training alters ATP pathway flux during maximal muscle contractions in humans. Acta Physiologica. 2014;211(1):147-60.
7. Guiraud T, Nigam A, Gremeaux V, Meyer P, Juneau M, Bosquet L. High-intensity interval training in cardiac rehabilitation. Sports Medicine. 2012;42(7):587-605.
8. Steiner JL, Murphy EA, McClellan JL, Carmichael MD, Davis JM. Exercise training increases mitochondrial biogenesis in the brain. Journal of applied physiology. 2011;111(4):1066-71.
9. Romer LM, Polkey MI. Exercise-induced respiratory muscle fatigue: implications for performance. Journal of Applied Physiology. 2008;104(3):879-88.
10. Illi SK, Held U, Frank I, Spengler CM. Effect of respiratory muscle training on exercise performance in healthy individuals. Sports medicine. 2012;42(8):707-24.
11. Edvardsen E, Skjønsberg O, Holme I, Nordsletten L, Borchsenius F, Anderssen S. High-intensity training following lung cancer surgery: a randomised controlled trial. Thorax. 2015;70(3):244-50.
12. Tabrizi HB, Mirdar S, Moghanibashi MM, Pirsaraei ZA. The Effect of High-Intensity Interval Training on Mitochondrial Biogenesis of Lung Tissue. Journal of Fasa University of Medical Sciences. 2017;6(4):522-9. (in persian).
13. Yadegari M, Hamidian Gh. The effect of high-intensity interval training on lung parenchymal and non-parenchymal structural changes. Scientific-Research Journal of Shahed University. 2016;23(124):51-60. (in persian).
14. Yadegari M, mirdar S, hamidian Gh, Mosadegh P. . Assessment of interleukin-6 level and lung inflammatory cells after high-intensity interval training and stay in hypoxic conditions. EBNESINA- Journal of Medical. 2016;18(3):26-36. (in persian).
15. Parent RA. Comparative Biology of the Normal Lung: Academic Press; 2015.
16. De Prost N, Saumon G. Glucose transport in the lung and its role in liquid movement. Respiratory physiology & neurobiology. 2007;159(3):331-7.
17. Bassett D, Fisher A. Metabolic response to carbon monoxide by isolated rat lungs. American Journal of Physiology--Legacy Content. 1976;230(3):658-63.
18. Holness M, Sugden M. Regulation of pyruvate dehydrogenase complex activity by reversible phosphorylation. Portland Press Limited; 2003.
19. Ouiddir A, Planès C, Fernandes I, VanHesse A, Clerici C. Hypoxia upregulates activity and expression of the glucose transporter GLUT1 in alveolar epithelial cells. American journal of respiratory cell and molecular biology. 1999;21(6):710-8.
20. Simon L, Robin E, Raffin T, Theodore J, Douglas W. Bioenergetic pattern of isolated type II pneumocytes in air and during hypoxia. Journal of Clinical Investigation. 1978;61(5):1232.
21. Mirdar Sh AA, Arabzadeh E, Neyestani F, Baghbani M, Ahmadi S. The Effect of a Period of Interval Training and Step Taper on Performance Indexes in Male Rats during Puberty. Journal of sport biosciences. 2016;8(4):619-34.
22. Baar K, Wende AR, Jones TE, Marison M, Nolte LA, Chen M, et al. Adaptations of skeletal muscle to exercise: rapid increase in the transcriptional coactivator PGC-1. The FASEB Journal. 2002;16(14):1879-86.
23. Burgomaster KA, Cermak NM, Phillips SM, Benton CR, Bonen A, Gibala MJ. Divergent response of metabolite transport proteins in human skeletal muscle after sprint interval training and detraining. American Journal of Physiology-Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology. 2007;292(5):R1970-R6.
24. Burgomaster KA, Heigenhauser GJ, Gibala MJ. Effect of short-term sprint interval training on human skeletal muscle carbohydrate metabolism during exercise and time-trial performance. Journal of applied physiology. 2006;100(6):2041-7.
25. Gibala MJ, McGee SL. Metabolic adaptations to short-term high-intensity interval training: a little pain for a lot of gain? Exercise and sport sciences reviews. 2008;36(2):58-63.
26. Semenza GL. Regulation of oxygen homeostasis by hypoxia-inducible factor 1. Physiology. 2009;24(2):97-106.