1. VanGaal LF, Mertens IL, DeBlock CE. Mechanisms linking obesity with cardiovascular disease. Nature. 2006;444(7121):875-80.
2. Marie NG, Fleming T, Robinson M, Thomson B, Graetz N, Margono C, et al. Global, regional, and national prevalence of overweight and obesity in children and adults during 1980–2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013. The lancet. 2014;384(9945):766-81.
3. Bastien M, Piorier P, Lemieux I, Despres JP. Overview of Epidemiology and Contribution of Obesity to Cardiovascular Disease. Prog Cardiovasc Dis. 2014;56(4):369-81.
4. Aydin S, Kuloglu T, Aydin S, Eren MN, Yilmaz M, Kalayci M, et al. Expression of adropin in rat brain, cerebellum, kidneys, heart, liver, and pancreas in streptozotocin-induced diabetes. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry. 2013;380(1):73-81.
5. Aydin S. Three new players in energy regulation: Preptin, adropin and irisin. Peptides. 2014;56:94-110.
6. Gao S, McMillan RP, Jacas J, Zhu QL, X., Kumar GK, . Regulation of Substrate Oxidation Preferences in Muscle by the Peptide Hormone Adropin. Diabetes. 2014;63(10):3242-52.
7. Kumar KG, Trevaskis JL, Lam DD, Sutton GM, Koza RA, Chouljenko VN, et al. Identification of adropin as a secreted factor linking dietary macronutrient intake with energy homeostasis and lipid metabolism. Cell Metab. 2008;8:468-81.
8. Kuhla A, Hahn S, Butschkau A, Lange S, Wree A, Vollmar B. Lifelong caloricrestriction reprograms hepatic fat metabolism in mice. J Gerontol A Biol SciMed Sci. 2014;69(8):915-22.
9. Butler AA, Tam CS, Stanhope KL, Wolfe BM, ALi MR, O keefe M, et al. Low Circulating Adropin Concentrations with Obesity and Aging Correlate with Risk Factors for Metabolic Disease and Increase after Gastric Bypass Surgery in Humans. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:3783–91.
10. Kumar KG, Zhang J, Gao S, Rossi J, McGuinness OP, Halem HH, et al. Adropin deficiency is associated with increased adiposity and insulin resistance. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2012;20:1394-402.
11. Douglas CC, Lawrence JC, Bush NC, Oster RA, Gower BA, Darnell BE. Ability of the Harris Benedict formula to predict energy requirements differs with weight history and ethnicity. Nutr Res. 2007;27(4):194-9.
12. Lefevre M, Redmana LM, Heilbronn LK. Caloric restriction alone and with exercise improves CVD risk in healthy non-obese individuals. Atherosclerosis. 2009;203:206–13.
13. Ainsworth BE, Haskell WL, Whitt MC, Irwin ML, Swartz AM, Strath SJ, et al. Compendium of physical activities: an update of activity codes and MET intensities. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. 2000;32:S498–S516.
14. Martins C, Morgan LM, Bloom SR, Robertson MD. Effects of exercise on gut peptides, energy intake and appetite. Journal of Endocrinology. 2007;193:251-258.
15. Stovall D, Bailey AP, Pastor LM. Assessment of Insulin Resistance and Impaired Glucose Tolerance in Lean Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2011;20(1):37-43.
16. Altincik A, Sayin O. Evaluation of the relationship between serum adropin levels and blood pressure in obese children. JPEM. 2015;28(9-10):1095-100.
17. Sayın O, Tokgöz Y, Arslan N. Investigation of adropin and leptin levels in pediatric obesity-related nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2014;27(5-6):479-84.
18. Gao S, McMillan RP, Zhu Q, Lopaschuk GD, Hulver M, Bulter AA. Therapeutic effects of adropin on glucose tolerance and substrate utilization in diet-induced obese mice with insulin resistance. Molecular Metabolism. 2015;4(4):310-24.
19. Wu L, Fang J, Chen L, Zhao Z, Luo Y, Lin S, et al. Low serum adropin is associated with coronary atherosclerosis in type 2 diabetic and non-diabetic patients. CCLM. 2014;52(5):751–8.
20. Wong CM, Wang Y, Lee JT, Huang Z, Wu D, Xu A, et al. Adropin Is a Brain Membrane-bound Protein Regulating Physical Activity via the NB-3/Notch Signaling Pathway in Mice. JBC. 2014;289:25976-86.
21. Kwak MS, Kim D, Chung GE, Kim W, Kim YJ, Yoon JH. Role of physical activity in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in terms of visceral obesity and insulin resistance. Liver International. 2015;35(3):944-52.