1. Ceriello A, Motz E. Is oxidative stress the pathogenic mechanism underlying insulin resistance, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease? The common soil hypothesis revisited. Arteriosclerosis, thrombosis, and vascular biology. 2004;24(5):816-23.
2. Lucas CP, Patton S, Stepke T, Kinhal V, Darga LL, Carroll-Michals L, et al. Achieving therapeutic goals in insulin-using diabetic patients with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: A weight reduction-exercise-oral agent approach. The American journal of medicine. 1987;83(3):3-9.
3. Rajala MW, Scherer PE. Minireview: the adipocyte—at the crossroads of energy homeostasis, inflammation, and atherosclerosis. Endocrinology. 2003;144(9):3765-73.
4. Yang R, Xu A, Pray J, Hu H, Jadhao S, Hansen B, et al. Cloning of omentin, a new adipocytokine from omental fat tissue in humans. Diabetes. 2003;52:A1.
5. de Souza Batista CM, Yang R-Z, Lee M-J, Glynn NM, Yu D-Z, Pray J, et al. Omentin plasma levels and gene expression are decreased in obesity. Diabetes. 2007;56(6):1655-61.
6. Tan BK, Adya R, Farhatullah S, Lewandowski KC, O’Hare P, Lehnert H, et al. Omentin-1, a novel adipokine, is decreased in overweight insulin-resistant women with polycystic ovary syndrome: ex vivo and in vivo regulation of omentin-1 by insulin and glucose. Diabetes. 2008;57(4):801-8.
7. Moreno-Navarrete JM, Catalán V, Ortega F, Gómez-Ambrosi J, Ricart W, Frühbeck G, et al. Circulating omentin concentration increases after weight loss. Nutrition & metabolism. 2010;7(1):27.
8. Skurk T, Alberti-Huber C, Herder C, Hauner H. Relationship between adipocyte size and adipokine expression and secretion. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2007;92(3):1023-33.
9. Alexandraki KI, Piperi C, Ziakas PD, Apostolopoulos NV, Makrilakis K, Syriou V, et al. Cytokine secretion in long-standing diabetes mellitus type 1 and 2: associations with low-grade systemic inflammation. Journal of clinical immunology. 2008;28(4):314-21.
10. Carrel AL, McVean JJ, Clark RR, Peterson SE, Eickhoff JC, Allen DB. School-based exercise improves fitness, body composition, insulin sensitivity, and markers of inflammation in non-obese children. Journal of pediatric endocrinology and metabolism. 2009;22(5):409-16.
11. URBANOVÁ M, DOSTÁLOVÁ I, TRACHTA P, DRÁPALOVÁ J, KAVÁLKOVÁ P, HALUZÍKOVÁ D, et al. Serum concentrations and subcutaneous adipose tissue mRNA expression of omentin in morbid obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus: the effect of very-low-calorie diet, physical activity and laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy. Physiological research. 2014;63(2).
12. Wu T-Y, Yeh H-I, Chan P, Chiou Y-F, Tsai J-C. The effects of simple eight-week regular exercise on cardiovascular disease risk factors in middle-aged women at risk in Taiwan. Acta Cardiologica Sinica. 2007;23(3):169-76.
13. Sittiwicheanwong R, Ariyapitipun T, Gulsatitporn S, Nopponpunth V, Abeywardena M, Dahlan W. Alterations of atherogenic low-density lipoproteins and serum fatty acids after 12 week moderate exercise training in sedentary Thai women. Asia Pacific journal of clinical nutrition. 2007;16(4):602-8.
14. Jeong I-Y, Lee H-J, Jin C-H, Park Y-D, Choi D-S, Kang M-A. Anti-inflammatory activity of stevia rebaudiana in LPS-induced RAW 264.7 cells. Preventive Nutrition and Food Science. 2010;15(1):14-8.
15. da Silva GEC, Assef AH, Albino CC, de Araujo Funari Ferri L, Tasin G, Takahashi MH, et al. Investigation of the tolerability of oral stevioside in Brazilian hyperlipidemic patients. Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology. 2006;49(4):583.
16. Assaei R, Mokarram P, Dastghaib S, Darbandi S, Darbandi M, Zal F, et al. Hypoglycemic effect of aquatic extract of Stevia in pancreas of diabetic rats: PPARγ-dependent regulation or antioxidant potential. Avicenna journal of medical biotechnology. 2016;8(2):65.
17. Akbarzadeh S, Eskandari F, Tangestani H, Bagherinejad ST, Bargahi A, Bazzi P, et al. The effect of Stevia rebaudiana on serum omentin and visfatin level in STZ-induced diabetic rats. Journal of dietary supplements. 2015;12(1):11-22.
18. Kim H-J, Park JY, Oh SL, Kim Y-A, So B, Seong JK, et al. Effect of treadmill exercise on interleukin-15 expression and glucose tolerance in zucker diabetic Fatty rats. Diabetes & metabolism journal. 2013;37(5):358-64.
19. Rodrigues B, Figueroa DM, Mostarda CT, Heeren MV, Irigoyen M-C, De Angelis K. Maximal exercise test is a useful method for physical capacity and oxygen consumption determination in streptozotocin-diabetic rats. Cardiovascular diabetology. 2007;6(1):38.
20. Medicine ACoS. ACSM's guidelines for exercise testing and prescription: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2013.
21. Pan H-Y, Guo L, Li Q. Changes of serum omentin-1 levels in normal subjects and in patients with impaired glucose regulation and with newly diagnosed and untreated type 2 diabetes. Diabetes research and clinical practice. 2010;88(1):29-33.
22. AminiLari Z, Fararouei M, Amanat S, Sinaei E, Dianatinasab S, AminiLari M, et al. The effect of 12 weeks aerobic, resistance, and combined exercises on omentin-1 levels and insulin resistance among type 2 diabetic middle-aged women. Diabetes & metabolism journal. 2017;41(3):205-12.
23. Kazama K, Usui T, Okada M, Hara Y, Yamawaki H. Omentin plays an anti-inflammatory role through inhibition of TNF-α-induced superoxide production in vascular smooth muscle cells. European journal of pharmacology. 2012;686(1-3):116-23.
24. Jialal I. Adipose tissue dysfunction in nascent metabolic syndrome. Journal of obesity. 2013;2013.
25. Kalaiarasi P, Kaviarasan K, Pugalendi KV. Hypolipidemic activity of 18β-glycyrrhetinic acid on streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. European journal of pharmacology. 2009;612(1-3):93-7.
26. Yanardağ R, Bolkent Ş, Özsoy‐Saçan Ö, Karabulut‐Bulan Ö. The effects of chard (Beta vulgaris L. var. cicla) extract on the kidney tissue, serum urea and creatinine levels of diabetic rats. Phytotherapy Research: An International Journal Devoted to Pharmacological and Toxicological Evaluation of Natural Product Derivatives. 2002;16(8):758-61.
27. Moura LP, Puga GM, Beck WR, Teixeira IP, Ghezzi AC, Silva GA, et al. Exercise and spirulina control non-alcoholic hepatic steatosis and lipid profile in diabetic Wistar rats. Lipids in health and disease. 2011;10(1):77.
28. Ward J, Wilson H, Francis S, Crossman D, Sabroe I. Translational Mini‐Review Series on Immunology of Vascular Disease: Inflammation, infections and Toll‐like receptors in cardiovascular disease. Clinical & Experimental Immunology. 2009;156(3):386-94.
29. El Harchaoui K, van der Steeg WA, Stroes ES, Kastelein JJ. The role of CETP inhibition in dyslipidemia. Current atherosclerosis reports. 2007;9(2):125-33.
30. Cauza E, Hanusch-Enserer U, Strasser B, Ludvik B, Metz-Schimmerl S, Pacini G, et al. The relative benefits of endurance and strength training on the metabolic factors and muscle function of people with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation. 2005;86(8):1527-33.
31. Zorba E, Cengiz T, Karacabey K. Exercise training improves body composition, blood lipid profile and serum insulin levels in obese children. Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness. 2011;51(4):664.
32. Tripathi BK, Srivastava AK. Diabetes mellitus: Complications and therapeutics. Medical Science Monitor. 2006;12(7):RA130-RA47.
33. Nyenwe EA, Jerkins TW, Umpierrez GE, Kitabchi AE. Management of type 2 diabetes: evolving strategies for the treatment of patients with type 2 diabetes. Metabolism. 2011;60(1):1-23.
34. Samad A, Shams M, Ullah Z, Wais M, Nazish I, Sultana Y, et al. Status of herbal medicines in the treatment of diabetes: a review. Current diabetes reviews. 2009;5(2):102-11.
35. Pégorier J-P, May CdL, Girard J. Control of gene expression by fatty acids. The Journal of nutrition. 2004;134(9):2444S-9S.
36. Fruchart J-C, Duriez P. Mode of action of fibrates in the regulation of triglyceride and HDL-cholesterol metabolism. Drugs of today. 2006;42(1):39-64.
37. Mueller M, Beck V, Jungbauer A. PPARα activation by culinary herbs and spices. Planta medica. 2011;77(05):497-504.