1. Paunksnis MR, Evangelista AL, La Scala Teixeira CV, Alegretti João G, Pitta RM, Alonso AC, et al. Metabolic and hormonal responses to different resistance training systems in elderly men. The Aging Male. 2018;21(2):106-10.
2. Kim H-J, Koo HS, Kim Y-S, Kim MJ, Kim K-M, Joo N-S, et al. The association of testosterone, sex hormone-binding globulin, and insulin-like growth factor-1 with bone parameters in Korean men aged 50 years or older. Journal of bone and mineral metabolism. 2017;35(6):659-65.
3. Xia F, Wang N, Han B, Li Q, Chen Y, Zhu C, et al. Hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis in aging men and women: increasing total testosterone in aging men. Neuroendocrinology. 2017;104(3):291-301.
4. Morley JE, Kaiser FE, Perry III HM, Patrick P, Morley PM, Stauber PM, et al. Longitudinal changes in testosterone, luteinizing hormone, and follicle-stimulating hormone in healthy older men. Metabolism. 1997;46(4):410-3.
5. Neto WK, Gama EF, Rocha LY, Ramos CC, Taets W, Scapini KB, et al. Effects of testosterone on lean mass gain in elderly men: systematic review with meta-analysis of controlled and randomized studies. Age. 2015;37(1):5.
6. Sellami M, Dhahbi W, Hayes LD, Kuvacic G, Milic M, Padulo J. The effect of acute and chronic exercise on steroid hormone fluctuations in young and middle-aged men. Steroids. 2018;132:18-24.
7. Hildreth KL, Schwartz RS, Vande Griend J, Kohrt WM, Blatchford PJ, Moreau KL. Effects of Testosterone and Progressive Resistance Exercise on Vascular Function in Older Men. Journal of Applied Physiology. 2018.
8. Rogerson S, Riches CJ, Jennings C, Weatherby RP, Meir RA, Marshall-Gradisnik SM. The effect of five weeks of Tribulus terrestris supplementation on muscle strength and body composition during preseason training in elite rugby league players. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2007;21(2):348-53.
9. Qureshi A, Naughton DP, Petroczi A. A systematic review on the herbal extract Tribulus terrestris and the roots of its putative aphrodisiac and performance enhancing effect. Journal of dietary supplements. 2014;11(1):64-79.
10. Wu Y, Yang H, Wang X. The function of androgen/androgen receptor and insulin growth factor‑1/insulin growth factor‑1 receptor on the effects of Tribulus terrestris extracts in rats undergoing high intensity exercise. Molecular medicine reports. 2017;16(3):2931-8.
11. Yin L, Wang Q, Wang X, Song L-N. Effects of Tribulus terrestris saponins on exercise performance in overtraining rats and the underlying mechanisms. Canadian journal of physiology and pharmacology. 2016;94(11):1193-201.
12. da Silva Junior EP, Gorjão R, Lambertucci RH. Tribullus Terrestris’ Supplementation Improves the Antioxidant System of Resistance Trained Subjects. Age (years). 2017;30:5.
13. Sharp MH, Shields KA, Rauch JT, Lowery RP, Durkee SE, Wilson GJ, et al. The Effects of a Multi-Ingredient Performance Supplement on Hormonal Profiles and Body Composition in Male College Athletes. Sports. 2016;4(2):26.
14. Neychev VK, Mitev VI. The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not influence the androgen production in young men. Journal of ethnopharmacology. 2005;101(1-3):319-23.
15. Rouhollah H, Mohsen A, Nazanin J. The Effect of 8 Weeks of Concurrent Training with L-Arginine Supplementation on 8-isoPGF2α, SOD, GPX and CAT in Elderly Men. Jornal of Sport Bioscience. 2017;9(4):515-27.
16. Korkmaz S, Goksuluk D, Zararsiz G. MVN: An R package for assessing multivariate normality. The R Journal. 2014;6(2):151-62.
17. Ahtiainen JP, Nyman K, Huhtaniemi I, Parviainen T, Helste M, Rannikko A, et al. Effects of resistance training on testosterone metabolism in younger and older men. Experimental gerontology. 2015;69:148-58.
18. Katznelson L, Robinson MW, Coyle CL, Lee H, Farrell CE. Effects of modest testosterone supplementation and exercise for 12 weeks on body composition and quality of life in elderly men. European journal of endocrinology. 2006;155(6):867-75.
19. De Combarieu E, Fuzzati N, Lovati M, Mercalli E. Furostanol saponins from Tribulus terrestris. Fitoterapia. 2003;74(6):583-91.
20. Kohut ML, Thompson JR, Campbell J, Brown GA, Vukovich MD, Jackson DA, et al. Ingestion of a dietary supplement containing dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and androstenedione has minimal effect on immune function in middle-aged men. Journal of the American College of Nutrition. 2003;22(5):363-71.
21. Brown GA, Vukovich MD, Reifenrath TA, Uhl NL, Parsons KA, Sharp RL, et al. Effects of anabolic precursors on serum testosterone concentrations and adaptations to resistance training in young men. International journal of sport nutrition and exercise metabolism. 2000;10(3):340-59.
22. Gruenewald DA, Matsumoto AM. Testosterone supplementation therapy for older men: potential benefits and risks. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 2003;51(1):101-15.
23. Neek LS, Gaeini AA, Choobineh S. Effect of zinc and selenium supplementation on serum testosterone and plasma lactate in cyclist after an exhaustive exercise bout. Biological trace element research. 2011;144(1-3):454-62.
24. Gaeini AA. Interactive Effect of Saffron Supplementation and Resistance Training on serum levels of sex hormones in young men. Razi Journal of Medical Sciences. 2018;25(6):20-30.
25. Kraemer WJ, Ratamess NA, Nindl BC. Recovery responses of testosterone, growth hormone, and IGF-1 after resistance exercise. Journal of Applied Physiology. 2016;122(3):549-58.
26. Ribeiro AS, Schoenfeld BJ, Fleck SJ, Pina FL, Nascimento MA, Cyrino ES. Effects of traditional and pyramidal resistance training systems on muscular strength, muscle mass, and hormonal responses in older women: a randomized crossover trial. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2017;31(7):1888-96.
27. Nindl BC, Santtila M, Vaara J, Hakkinen K, Kyrolainen H. Circulating IGF-I is associated with fitness and health outcomes in a population of 846 young healthy men. Growth Hormone & IGF Research. 2011;21(3):124-8.
28. Burke DG, Candow DG, Chilibeck PD, MacNeil LG, Roy BD, Tarnopolsky MA, et al. Effect of creatine supplementation and resistance-exercise training on muscle insulin-like growth factor in young adults. International journal of sport nutrition and exercise metabolism. 2008;18(4):389-98.
29. Chen HT, Chung YC, Chen YJ, Ho SY, Wu HJ. Effects of Different Types of Exercise on Body Composition, Muscle Strength, and IGF‐1 in the Elderly with Sarcopenic Obesity. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 2017;65(4):827-32.
30. Storer TW, Basaria S, Traustadottir T, Harman SM, Pencina K, Li Z, et al. Effects of testosterone supplementation for 3 years on muscle performance and physical function in older men. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2016;102(2):583-93.