1. Fiechter M, Fuchs TA, Gebhard C, Stehli J, Klaeser B, Stähli BE, et al. Age-related normal structural and functional ventricular values in cardiac function assessed by magnetic resonance. BMC medical imaging. 2013;13(1):6.
2. Shih H, Lee B, Lee RJ, Boyle AJ. The aging heart and post-infarction left ventricular remodeling. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2011;57(1):9-17.
3. Kwak H-B. Effects of aging and exercise training on apoptosis in the heart. Journal of exercise rehabilitation. 2013;9(2):212.
4. Hepple R. Impact of aging on mitochondrial function in cardiac and skeletal muscle. Free Radical Biology and Medicine. 2016;98:177-86.
5. Sari-Sarraf V, Amirsasan R, Sheikholeslami-Vatani D, Faraji H. Effect of creatine supplementation on the factors involved in apoptosis-related process (Bax, Bcl-2) and their ratio (Bcl-2/Bax) during acute resistance exercise in middle-aged men. Scientific Journal of Kurdistan University of Medical Sciences. 2016;21(4).
6. Konstantinidis K, Whelan RS, Kitsis RN. Mechanisms of cell death in heart disease. Arteriosclerosis, thrombosis, and vascular biology. 2012;32(7):1552-62.
7. Favaloro B, Allocati N, Graziano V, Di Ilio C, De Laurenzi V. Role of apoptosis in disease. Aging (Albany NY). 2012;4(5):330.
8. Ashkenazi A, Dixit VM. Death receptors: signaling and modulation. science. 1998;281(5381):1305-8.
9. Ignarro LJ, Balestrieri ML, Napoli C. Nutrition, physical activity, and cardiovascular disease: an update. Cardiovascular research. 2007;73(2):326-40.
10. Santana ET, Serra AJ, Silva Junior JA, Bocalini DS, Barauna VG, Krieger JE, et al. Aerobic exercise training induces an anti-apoptotic milieu in myocardial tissue. Motriz: Revista de Educação Física. 2014;20(2):233-8.
11. Chen K-C, Peng C-C, Hsieh C-L, Peng RY. Exercise ameliorates renal cell apoptosis in chronic kidney disease by intervening in the intrinsic and the extrinsic apoptotic pathways in a rat model. Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2013;2013.
12. Troncoso R, Ibarra C, Vicencio JM, Jaimovich E, Lavandero S. New insights into IGF-1 signaling in the heart. Trends in Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2014;25(3):128-37.
13. Hagberg JM, Seals DR, Yerg JE, Gavin J, Gingerich R, Premachandra B, et al. Metabolic responses to exercise in young and older athletes and sedentary men. Journal of Applied Physiology. 1988;65(2):900-8.
14. Cappon J, Brasel J, Mohan S, Cooper D. Effect of brief exercise on circulating insulin-like growth factor I. Journal of applied physiology. 1994;76(6):2490-6.
15. Johnson LG, Kraemer RR, Haltom R, Kraemer GR, Gaines HE, Castracane VD. Effects of estrogen replacement therapy on dehydroepiandrosterone, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, and cortisol responses to exercise in postmenopausal women. Fertility and sterility. 1997;68(5):836-43.
16. Parkhouse WS, Coupland DC, Li C, Vanderhoek KJ. IGF-1 bioavailability is increased by resistance training in older women with low bone mineral density. Mechanisms of ageing and development. 2000;113(2):75-83.
17. Starnes JW, Taylor RP, Park Y. Exercise improves postischemic function in aging heart. American Journal of Physiology-Heart and Circulatory Physiology. 2003.
18. Jafari A, Pourrazi H, Nikookheslat S, Baradaran B. Effect of exercise training on Bcl-2 and bax gene expression in the rat heart. Gene, Cell and Tissue. 2015;2(4).
19. Kim K-B, Kim Y-A, Park J-J. Effects of 8-week Exercise on Bcl-2, Bax, Caspase-8, Caspase-3 and HSP70 in Mouse Gastrocnemius Muscle. Journal of Life Science. 2010;20(9):1409-14.
20. Whittemore L-A, Song K, Li X, Aghajanian J, Davies M, Girgenrath S, et al. Inhibition of myostatin in adult mice increases skeletal muscle mass and strength. Biochemical and biophysical research communications. 2003;300(4):965-71.
21. Gillen JB, Gibala MJ. Is high-intensity interval training a time-efficient exercise strategy to improve health and fitness? Applied physiology, nutrition, and metabolism. 2013;39(3):409-12.
22. Holloway TM, Bloemberg D, da Silva ML, Simpson JA, Quadrilatero J, Spriet LL. High intensity interval and endurance training have opposing effects on markers of heart failure and cardiac remodeling in hypertensive rats. PloS one. 2015;10(3):e0121138.
23. Sonfi FG, Farajnia S, Aslanabadi N, Ahmadiasl N, Alipour M, Alipour M, et al. Long-term exercise training affects age-induced changes in HSP70 and apoptosis in rat heart. General physiology and biophysics. 2008;27(4):263.
24. Thomas C, Bishop DJ, Moore-Morris T, Mercier J. Effects of high-intensity training on MCT1, MCT4 and NBC expressions in rat skeletal muscles: influence of chronic metabolic alkalosis. American Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2007.
25. Marques-Aleixo I, Santos-Alves E, Balca M, Rizo-Roca D, Moreira P, Oliveira P, et al. Physical exercise improves brain cortex and cerebellum mitochondrial bioenergetics and alters apoptotic, dynamic and auto (mito) phagy markers. Neuroscience. 2015;301:480-95.
26. Stupka N, Lowther S, Chorneyko K, Bourgeois J, Hogben C, Tarnopolsky M. Gender differences in muscle inflammation after eccentric exercise. Journal of applied physiology. 2000;89(6):2325-32.
27. Elmore S. Apoptosis: a review of programmed cell death. Toxicologic pathology. 2007;35(4):495-516.
28. Skommer J, Wlodkowic D, Deptala A. Larger than life: mitochondria and the Bcl-2 family. Leukemia research. 2007;31(3):277-86.
29. Ko I-G, Kim S-E, Kim C-J, Jee Y-S. Treadmill exercise alleviates aging-induced apoptosis in rat cardiac myocytes. International Journal of Gerontology. 2013;7(3):152-7.
30. Quadrilatero J, Rush JW. Increased DNA fragmentation and altered apoptotic protein levels in skeletal muscle of spontaneously hypertensive rats. Journal of Applied Physiology. 2006.
31. Yang Y, Jemiolo B, Trappe SW. Proteolytic mRNA expression in response to acute resistance exercise in human single skeletal muscle fibers. Journal of applied physiology. 2006.
32. Kerksick C, Harvey A, Willoughby D. Gender-related differences in muscle injury, oxidative stress, and apoptosis. Medicine and science in sports and exercise. 2008;40(10):1772-80.
33. Lee JH, Jung KJ, Kim JW, Kim HJ, Yu BP, Chung HY. Suppression of apoptosis by calorie restriction in aged kidney. Experimental gerontology. 2004;39(9):1361-8.
34. Kwak H-B, Song W, Lawler JM. Exercise training attenuates age-induced elevation in Bax/Bcl-2 ratio, apoptosis, and remodeling in the rat heart. The FASEB Journal. 2006;20(6):791-3.
35. Farzanegi P, Habibian M, Alinejad H. The Combined Effect of Regular Aerobic Exercise with Garlic Extract on Renal Apoptosis Regulatory Factors in Aged rats with Chronic Kidney Disease. Majallah-i dānishgāh-i ̒ulūm-i pizishkī-i Arāk. 2016;19(3):62-70.
36. Weltman A, Weltman JY, Schurrer R, Evans WS, Veldhuis JD, Rogol AD. Endurance training amplifies the pulsatile release of growth hormone: effects of training intensity. Journal of Applied Physiology. 1992;72(6):2188-96.