عنوان مقاله [English]
نویسندگان [English]چکیده [English]
Vaspin as a new adipocytokine improves insulin sensitivity. Despite the effects of exercise training on energy homeostasis and changes in fat tissue, few studies have investigated the effect of exercise training on vaspin. This study investigated the effect of resistance training on serum levels of vaspin and CRP. 20 sedentary obese men (mean + SD age: 50.1 + 2.1 years, weight: 92.6 + 5.8 kg, BMI: 30.3 + 1.4 kg/m2) were selected and randomly divided into two groups: exercise (n=10) and control (n=10). Training program of the experimental group consisted of 3 sessions a week for 12 weeks. Blood samples were gathered after 12 hours of fasting and then 48 hours after the last training session in the experimental condition. Serum levels of vaspin and CRP decreased (8.8%, 2.5% respectively) in the experimental group after 12 weeks (P˂0.05). Weight, BMI, BF% and waist circumference significantly decreased (-0.7%, -0.8%, -2.08% and -1.01% respectively). Blood glucose and insulin resistance significantly decreased (respectively 4.4%, 5.01%) (P˂0.05). There was no significant relationship between changes of vaspin and anthropometric indexes, insulin resistance and CRP.
2. Ahima, R., & Osei, S. (2008). Adipokines in obesity. Front Horm Res, 36: 182 -188.197.
3. Brooks N, Layne JE, Gordon PL, et al., (2007). Strength training improves muscle quality and insulin sensitivity in Hispanic older adults with type 2 diabetes. Int J Med Sci, 4:19-27.
4. Chang HM, Lee H J, Park H S, et aI., (2010). Effects of Weight Reduction on Serum Vaspin Concentrations in Obese Subjects: Modification by Insulin Resistance. Obesity, 18: 2105-2110 (b).
5. Cho JK, Han TK, Kang HS., (2010). Combined effects of body mass index and cardio/respiratory fitness on serum vaspin concentrations in Korean young men.Eur J Appl Physiol, 108(2): 347-53.
6. Doaa M. Abdel-lateif and Shereen S. EI-Shaer (2012). Association between changes in serum vaspin concentrations and changes of anthropometric variables in obese subjects after weight reduction. Journal of American science 8(4): 606-611.
7. Eves ND, Plotnikoff RC., (2006). Resistance training and type 2 diabetes: Considerations for implementation at the population level. Diabetes Care, 29(8): 1933-47.
8. Hida K, Wada J, Eguchi J, et al., (2005). Visceral adipose tissue-derived serine protease inhibitor: a unique insulin-sensitizing adipocytokine in obesity. Proc Natl Acad Sci, 102:10610-15.
9. Irvine C, Taylor NF., (2009). Progressive resistance exercise improves glycaemic control in people with type 2 diabetes mellitus: asystematic review. Australian Journal of Physiotherapy, 55: 237-246
10. Jensen MD (2008): Role of body fat distribution and the metabolic complications of obesity. J.Clin.Endocrinal.Metab., 93:S57-S63
11. Kasapis C , Thompson PD., (2005). The effects of physical activity on serum Creactive protein and inflammatory markers: a systematic review. J Am Coll Cardiol, 45: 1563 - 1569
12. Kim SM, Cho GJ, Yannakot:llia M, et al., (2011). Lifestyle modification increases circulating adiponectin concentrations but does not change vaspin concentrations. Metabolism, 60(9):1294-9.
13. Kloting N, Berndt J, Kralisch S, et al., (2006). Vaspin gene expression in human adipose tissue: association with obesity and type 2 diabetes. Biochem Biophys Res Comml,ln, 339(1):430-6.
14. Koopman R,Manders RJ, Zorenc AH, et al., (2006). A single session of resistance exercise enhances insulin sensitivity for at. least 24 h in healthy men. Eur J Appl Physiol 2005, 94:180-7. PMID: 15761746.
15. Lee MR,. Jekal. Y,. 1m JA, et al., (2010). Reduced serum vaspin concentrations in . obese children following short-term intensive lifestyle modification. ClinChimActa, 411(5-6):381-5
16. Oberbach A, Kirsch K, Lehmann S, et al., (2010). Serum vaspm concentrations are decreased after exercise-induced oxidative stress. Obes Facts,3(5): 328-31.
17. Phalitakul S, Okada M, Hara Y, et al., (2011). Vaspin prevents TNF-a.induced intracellular adhesion mo1ecule-1 via inhibiting reactive oxygen species-dependent NF-KB and PKCe activation in cultured rat vascular smooth muscle cells. Phannacol Res, 64(5):493-500.
18. Ploeger HE, Takken T, de Greef MH, et al., (2009). The effects of acute chronic exercise on inflammatory. markers. in children and adults with a chronic inflammatory disease: a systematic review. Exerc Immunol Rev, 15:6-41.
19. Sigal RJ, Kenny GP, Boule NG, et al., (2007). Effect of aerobic training, resistance training, or both on glycemic control in type 2 diabetes. Annals of Internal Medicine, 147: 357-369.
20. Tan BK, Reutling D, Chen J, et al., (2008). Metformin decreases the adipokine vaspin in overweight women with polycystic ovary syndrome concomitant with improvement in insulin sensitivity and a decrease in insulin resistance. Diabetes, 57 (6): 1501-7.
21. Touvara AM, Volaklis KA, Spassis AT, Zois CE, Douda HD, Kotsa K, et al (2011). Combined strength and aerobic training increases transforming growth factor-β1 in patient with type 2 diabetes. Hormone (Athens), 10:125-30.
22.Weisberg SP, McCann D, Desai M, et al., (2003). Obesity is associated with macrophage accumulation in adipose tissue. J Clin Invest, 112:1796-808.
23. Wozniak SE, Gee LL, Wachtel MS, et al., (2009). Adipose Tissue: The New Endocrine Organ? A Review Article. Dig Dis Sci, 54:1847-1856
24. Yamawaki H., (2011). Vascular effects of novel adipbcytokines: focus on contractility and inflammatory responses. BioI Pharm Bull, 34(3):30.
25. Youn BS, Kloting N, Kratzsch J, et al., (2008). Serum vaspm concentrations in human obesity and type 2 diabetes. Diabetes, 57(2): 372-7.
26. Yu Z, Ye x, Wang J, Qi Q, franco OH, Rennie KL, et al (2009). Association of physical activity with inflammatory factors, adipocytokines, and metabolic syndrome in middle-age and older chines people. Circulation 119: 2969-77.