1. Dominique J-E, Gérard C. Myostatin regulation of muscle development: molecular basis, natural mutations, physiopathological aspects. Experimental cell research. 2006;312(13):2401-14.
2. Rios R, Carneiro I, Arce VM, Devesa J. Myostatin is an inhibitor of myogenic differentiation. American Journal of Physiology-Cell Physiology. 2002.
3. McCroskery S, Thomas M, Maxwell L, Sharma M, Kambadur R. Myostatin negatively regulates satellite cell activation and self-renewal. The Journal of cell biology. 2003;162(6):1135-47.
4. Hill JJ, Qiu Y, Hewick RM, Wolfman NM. Regulation of myostatin in vivo by growth and differentiation factor-associated serum protein-1: a novel protein with protease inhibitor and follistatin domains. Molecular endocrinology. 2003;17(6):1144-54.
5. Whittemore L-A, Song K, Li X, Aghajanian J, Davies M, Girgenrath S, et al. Inhibition of myostatin in adult mice increases skeletal muscle mass and strength. Biochemical and biophysical research communications. 2003;300(4):965-71.
6. Machida S, Booth FW. Insulin-like growth factor 1 and muscle growth: implication for satellite cell proliferation. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society. 2004;63(2):337-40.
7. Huygens W, Thomis MA, Peeters MW, Aerssens J, Janssen R, Vlietinck RF, et al. Linkage of myostatin pathway genes with knee strength in humans. Physiological genomics. 2004.
8. Goldspink G. Mechanical signals, IGF-I gene splicing, and muscle adaptation. Physiology. 2005;20(4):232-8.
9. Borst SE, De DH, Garzarella L, Vincent K, Pollock BH, Lowenthal DT, et al. Effects of resistance training on insulin-like growth factor-I and IGF binding proteins. Medicine and science in sports and exercise. 2001;33(4):648-53.
10. Sale DG. Neural adaptation to strength training. Strength and power in sport. 2003:281-314.
11. Ghaakhanlou R. effect of resistance training on srum level of mostatin, GASP-1، IGF-1 and IGFBP-3 in youth men. J movmntal sciences and sport. 1388: 67-80.
12. Hill-Haas S, Coutts A, Rowsell G, Dawson B. Variability of acute physiological responses and performance profiles of youth soccer players in small-sided games. Journal of science and medicine in sport. 2008;11(5):487-90.
13. Rampinini E, Impellizzeri FM, Castagna C, Abt G, Chamari K, Sassi A, et al. Factors influencing physiological responses to small-sided soccer games. Journal of sports sciences. 2007;25(6):659-66.
14. Dellal A, Keller D, Carling C, Chaouachi A, Wong del P, Chamari K. Physiologic effects of directional changes in intermittent exercise in soccer players. Journal of strength and conditioning research. 2010;24(12):3219-26.
15. Hoff J, Wisløff U, Engen LC, Kemi OJ, Helgerud J. Soccer specific aerobic endurance training. British journal of sports medicine. 2002;36(3):218-21.
16. Santo E, Janeira M, Maia J. Efeitos do treino e do destreino específicos na força explosiva: um estudo em jovens basquetebolistas do sexo masculino. 1997.
17. Wong P-l, Chamari K, Wisløff U. Effects of 12-week on-field combined strength and power training on physical performance among U-14 young soccer players. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2010;24(3):644-52.
18. Wong P-l, Chaouachi A, Chamari K, Dellal A, Wisloff U. Effect of preseason concurrent muscular strength and high-intensity interval training in professional soccer players. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2010;24(3):653-60.
19. Baechle T, Earle R, Baechle TR. NSCA's essentials of personal training. 2004.
20. Hill-Haas SV, Coutts A, Rowsell G, Dawson B. Generic versus small-sided game training in soccer. International journal of sports medicine. 2009;30(09):636-42.
21. Hedrick A. SPORTS-SPECIFIC: Strength and Power Training for Basketball. Strength & Conditioning Journal. 1993;15(4):31-6.
22. Pherron A, Lawler A, Lee S. Regulation of skeletal muscle mass in mice by a new TGF-β superfamily member. Nature. 1997;387(6628):83-90.
23. Toigo M, Boutellier U. New fundamental resistance exercise determinants of molecular and cellular muscle adaptations. European journal of applied physiology. 2006;97(6):643-63.
24. Walsh FS, Celeste AJ. Myostatin: a modulator of skeletal-muscle stem cells. Biochemical Society transactions. 2005;33(Pt 6):1513-7.
25. Wehling M, Cai B, Tidball JG. Modulation of myostatin expression during modified muscle use. The FASEB Journal. 2000;14(1):103-10.
26. Sale D, Komi P. Strength and Power in Sport. Neural adaptation to strength training. Oxford. Blackwell Publishing; 2003.
27. Willoughby DS, Taylor L. Effects of concentric and eccentric muscle actions on serum myostatin and follistatin-like related gene levels. Journal of sports science & medicine. 2004;3(4):226.
28. Willoughby DS. Effects of heavy resistance training on myostatin mRNA and protein expression. Medicine and science in sports and exercise. 2004;36(4):574-82.
29. McMahon CD, Popovic L, Jeanplong F, Oldham JM, Kirk SP, Osepchook CC, et al. Sexual dimorphism is associated with decreased expression of processed myostatin in males. American Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2003.
30. Nemet D, Oh Y, Kim HS, Hill M, Cooper DM. Effect of intense exercise on inflammatory cytokines and growth mediators in adolescent boys. Pediatrics. 2002;110(4):681-9.
31. Eliakim A, Scheett TP, Newcomb R, Mohan S, Cooper DM. Fitness, training, and the growth hormone→ insulin-like growth factor I axis in prepubertal girls. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2001;86(6):2797-802.
32. Meckel Y, Eliakim A, Seraev M, Zaldivar F, Cooper DM, Sagiv M, et al. The effect of a brief sprint interval exercise on growth factors and inflammatory mediators. Journal of strength and conditioning research. 2009;23(1):225-30.
33. Scheett TP, Nemet D, Stoppani J, Maresh CM, Newcomb R, Cooper DM. The effect of endurance-type exercise training on growth mediators and inflammatory cytokines in pre-pubertal and early pubertal males. Pediatric research. 2002;52(4):491.
34. ROTH J, Glick S, Yalow RS, Berson S. Secretion of human growth hormone: physiologic and experimental modification. Metabolism: clinical and experimental. 1963;12:577.
35. Sutton J, Lazarus L. Growth hormone in exercise: comparison of physiological and pharmacological stimuli. Journal of Applied Physiology. 1976;41(4):523-7.