This journal uses SinaWeb peer review manuscript submissions. Complete guidelines for preparing and submitting your manuscript to this journal are provided below.
Journal of Sport Biosciences considers all manuscripts on the strict condition that they have been submitted only to Journal of Sport Biosciences, that they have not been published already, nor are they under consideration for publication or in press elsewhere.
Contributions to Journal of Sport Biosciences must report original research and will be subjected to review by referees at the discretion of the Editorial Office.
Please note that Journal of Sport Biosciences uses Hamyab software to screen papers for unoriginal material. By submitting your paper to Journal of Sport Biosciences you are agreeing to any necessary originality checks your paper may have to undergo during the peer review and production processes.
Any author who fails to adhere to the above conditions will be rejected.
This Journal publishes Original Papers and Review Articles.
Before submitting your manuscript, please consider the Aims & Scope section.
Please note initial submissions are not required to conform to the journal style outlined here. However, any revised submissions must do so. Accepted papers will not be able to enter production unless the following guidelines have been followed.
- General guidelines
- Manuscripts should be compiled in the following order: title page; abstract; keywords; main text; acknowledgments; references; table(s) with caption(s) (on individual pages); figure caption(s) (as a list).
- Abstracts of at most 250 words are required for all papers submitted.
- Each paper should have 2-5 keywords.
- All the authors of a paper should include their full names, affiliations and email addresses on the first page of the manuscript. One author should be identified as the Corresponding Author.
- All persons who have a reasonable claim to authorship must be named in the manuscript as co-authors; the corresponding author must be authorized by all co-authors to act as an agent on their behalf in all matters pertaining to the publication of the manuscript, and the order of names should be alphabetical.
- Please supply all details required by any funding and grant-awarding bodies as an Acknowledgement on the last page before References, as follows:
- For single agency grants: 'This work was supported by the [Funding Agency] under Grant [number xxxx]'.
- For multiple agency grants: 'This work was supported by the [Funding Agency 1] under Grant [number xxxx]; [Funding Agency 2] under Grant [number xxxx]; and [Funding Agency 3] under Grant [number xxxx]'.
To write a paper all the following items should be considered:
- Content should be written in one column (B-NAZANIN 12 for Persian text and Times New Roman 12 for English text) with respect to required margin (at least 2 cm on each side).
- Number of pages should not exceed 15 pages.
- Papers must comply with grammar rules and also be written in fluent Persian language as much as possible. In addition, foreign terms which do not have any Persian equivalent must be avoided.
- Latin names and terms should be written at the bottom of the page
- Abbreviations first should be mentioned in full name. Note that only standard abbreviations can be used. No abbreviation should be used in title and/or abstract.
- Page number should be inserted at the bottom-center.
- It is mandatory that to make reference citations in text by means of a citation manager software e.g. Endnote with Vancouver style.
- It is in the author's interest to provide the highest quality figure format possible. Please be sure that all imported scanned material is scanned at the appropriate resolution.
- All figures must be numbered in the order in which they appear in the paper (e.g. figure 1, figure 2). In multi-part figures, each part should be labelled (e.g. figure 1(a), figure 1(b)).
- Figure captions must be saved separately, as part of the file containing the complete text of the paper, and numbered correspondingly.
- The filename for a graphic should be descriptive of the graphic, e.g. Figure1, Figure2a.
Authors of accepted papers who propose publishing figures in colour in the print version should consult the managing editor at the proof stage to agree on a financial contribution to colour reproduction costs. Figures that appear in black-and-white in the print edition of the Journal will appear in colour in the online edition, assuming colour originals are supplied.
- Reproduction of copyright material
If you wish to include any material in your manuscript in which you do not hold copyright, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner, prior to submission. Such material may be in the form of text, data, table, illustration, photograph, line drawing and any supplemental material you propose to include. This applies to direct (verbatim or facsimile) reproduction as well as “derivative reproduction” (where you have created a new figure or table which derives substantially from a copyrighted source).
You must ensure appropriate acknowledgement is given to the permission granted to you for reuse by the copyright holder in each figure or table caption.
- Manuscript submission
All submissions should be made online at the Journal of Sport Biosciences . New users should first create an account. Once a user is logged onto the site submissions should be made via the Author Centre. Online user guides and access to a helpdesk are available on this website.
Manuscripts should be submitted in Word format.
- Copyright and authors' rights
To assure the integrity and dissemination, you will be asked to assign us, via a Publishing Agreement. Your Article is defined as the final, definitive, and citable Version of Record, acknowledging that the accepted manuscript is in its final form, including the abstract, text, bibliography, and all accompanying tables, illustrations. Our agreement with you will constitute the entire agreement and the sole understanding between you and us; no amendment, addendum, or other communication will be taken into account when interpreting your and our rights and obligations under this Agreement.
The Publishing Agreement form can be downloaded from here.
The conflict of interest form can be downloaded from here.
Please sign both of them and upload them as supplementary documents.
- Page charges
Please see our Persian site to aware of the fees for processing the articles in Journal of Sport Biosciences.
- Submitted Articles should be specialized and relevant to the journal and be prepared according to Journal standards and the author(s) is responsible for the content of the article
- Papers must be original and any use of other research should be referenced
- Editorial board is free to accept, reject or modify papers.
- Papers should not be already published at any other local or foreign publication and submitters are committed not to send their papers to local and foreign publications until the final result (accept or reject) is received.
- All versions of articles including on the submitted version, accepted version (Author Accepted Manuscript) and the published version are allowed to be deposited in an institutional or other repository of the author’s choice without embargo
Instructions for Submitting Extended Abstract at the acceptance phase (Mandatory)
Long abstracts should be submitted via the journal website in order to issue an acceptance letter. Based on the vision of Azarbaijan Shahid Mdani University, in line with the objective of qualifying and indexing of publications in internationally validated databases and in order to increase position and validation of the journal in national and international scientific references as well as official rating and validation systems, the English long abstract (1000 words) must be provided in the latest revised version of the manuscript emphasizing on materials, methods, and results. If literary editing of the long abstract will be needed, the corresponding author himself is responsible to send it to the translation office.
Guide for Authors (Extended Abstract)
1- Manuscript's Title
2- Authors' names
3- Authors' Affiliation
4- Background and purpose (150 words)
5- Materials and Methods (300 words)
6- Results (400 words)
7- Conclusion (150 words)
8- Article message (100 words)
9- Keywords (3-5 keywords)
10- References (at least 8 to 10 references should be Cited)
It should be added that extended abstract is allowed to be contained of just one table or chart. Keywords, references, charts, and tables are not included in 1000 words. References related to the "Objectives" and "Materials and Methods" sections should be cited with numbers and listed at the end of the extended abstract based on the Vancouver method.
Having the approval of a reputable translation agency for the English abstract of the article will accelerate the process of issuing the acceptance letter of the manuscript.
Finally, the author is requested to read the instruction carefully and submit his/her paper through the system.
Emails for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 01/04/2022