1. Girelli D, Marchi G, Camaschella C. Anemia in the Elderly. HemaSphere. 2018;2(3):e40.
2. Vlietstra L, Hendrickx W, Waters DL. Exercise interventions in healthy older adults with sarcopenia: A systematic review and meta‐analysis. Australasian journal on ageing. 2018; 37(3):169-183.
3. Carlson ME, Suetta C, Conboy MJ, Aagaard P, Mackey A, Kjaer M, et al. Molecular aging and rejuvenation of human muscle stem cells. EMBO molecular medicine. 2009;1(8-9):381-91.
4. Hofmann M, Halper B, Oesen S, Franzke B, Stuparits P, Tschan H, et al. Serum concentrations of insulin-like growth factor-1, members of the TGF-beta superfamily and follistatin do not reflect different stages of dynapenia and sarcopenia in elderly women. Experimental gerontology. 2015;64:35-45.
5. Curcio F, Ferro G, Basile C, Liguori I, Parrella P, Pirozzi F, et al. Biomarkers in sarcopenia: a multifactorial approach. Experimental gerontology. 2016;85:1-8.
6. Matsakas A, Bozzo C, Cacciani N, Caliaro F, Reggiani C, Mascarello F, et al. Effect of swimming on myostatin expression in white and red gastrocnemius muscle and in cardiac muscle of rats. Experimental physiology. 2006;91(6):983-94.
7. Wehling M, Cai B, Tidball JG. Modulation of myostatin expression during modified muscle use. The FASEB Journal. 2000;14(1):103-10.
8. Haddad F, Adams G, Bodell P, Baldwin K. Isometric resistance exercise fails to counteract skeletal muscle atrophy processes during the initial stages of unloading. Journal of Applied Physiology. 2006;100(2):433-41.
9. Jensky NE, Sims JK, Dieli-Conwright CM, Sattler FR, Rice JC, Schroeder ET. Exercise does not influence myostatin and follistatin mRNA expression in young women. Journal of strength and conditioning research/National Strength & Conditioning Association. 2010;24(2):522.
10. Attarzadeh Hosseini SR, Moeinnia N, Motahari Rad M. The effect of two intensities resistance training on muscle growth regulatory myokines in sedentary young women. Obesity Medicine. 2017; 2.
11. Yarasheski K, Bhasin S, Sinha-Hikim I, Pak-Loduca J, Gonzalez-Cadavid N. Serum myostatin-immunoreactive protein is increased in 60-92 year old women and men with muscle wasting. Journal of Nutrition Health and Aging. 2002;6(5):343-8.
12. Ma Y, Li X, Zhang H, Ou Y, Zhang Z, Li S, et al. Serum myostatin in central south Chinese postmenopausal women: relationship with body composition, lipids and bone mineral density. Endocrine research. 2016;41(3):223-8.
13. Kirchengast S, Huber J. Gender and age differences in lean soft tissue mass and sarcopenia among healthy elderly. Anthropologischer Anzeiger. 2009:139-51.
14. Walker KS, Kambadur R, Sharma M, Smith HK. Resistance training alters plasma myostatin but not IGF-1 in healthy men. Medicine and science in sports and exercise. 2004;36(5):787-93.
15. Biglari S, Gaeini AA, Kordi MR, Afousi AG. The Effect of 8 Weeks High-intensity Interval Training on Myostatin and Follistatin Gene Expression in Gastrocnemius Muscle of the Rats. Majallah-i dānishgāh-i ̒ulūm-i pizishkī-i Arāk. 2018;21(1):1-10.
16. Willoughby DS. Effects of an alleged myostatin-binding supplement and heavy resistance training on serum myostatin, muscle strength and mass, and body composition. International journal of sport nutrition and exercise metabolism. 2004;14:461-72.
17. Houston DK, Nicklas BJ, Ding J, Harris TB, Tylavsky FA, Newman AB, et al. Dietary protein intake is associated with lean mass change in older, community-dwelling adults: the Health, Aging, and Body Composition (Health ABC) Study–. The American journal of clinical nutrition. 2008;87(1):150-5.
18. Colado J, Garcia-Masso X, Rogers M, Tella V, Benavent J, Dantas E. Effects of aquatic and dry land resistance training devices on body composition and physical capacity in postmenopausal women. Journal of human kinetics. 2012;32:185-95.
19. Colado JC, Garcia-Masso X, Pellicer M, Alakhdar Y, Benavent J, Cabeza-Ruiz R. A comparison of elastic tubing and isotonic resistance exercises. International journal of sports medicine. 2010;31(11):810-7.
20. Sakanoue N, Katayama K. The Resistance Quantity in Knee Extension Movement of Exercise Bands (Thera-Band). Journal of Physical Therapy Science. 2007;19(4):287-91.
21. Thiebaud RS, Loenneke JP, Fahs CA, Rossow LM, Kim D, Abe T, et al. The effects of elastic band resistance training combined with blood flow restriction on strength, total bone‐free lean body mass and muscle thickness in postmenopausal women. Clinical physiology and functional imaging. 2013;33(5):344-52.
22. Barnas J, Ball S. Validation of New Skinfold Prediction Equation Based on Dual-energy X-ray Absorptiometry for Women: 746 Board# 7 May 30 2. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 2018;50(5S):159.
23. Martins WR, Safons MP, Bottaro M, Blasczyk JC, Diniz LR, Fonseca R, et al. Effects of short term elastic resistance training on muscle mass and strength in untrained older adults: a randomized clinical trial. BMC Geriatr. 2015;15:99-108.
24. Korkmaz S, Goksuluk D, Zararsiz G. MVN: an R package for assessing multivariate normality. The R Journal. 2014;6(2):151-62.
25. Liao C-D, Tsauo J-Y, Huang S-W, Ku J-W, Hsiao D-J, Liou T-H. Effects of elastic band exercise on lean mass and physical capacity in older women with sarcopenic obesity: A randomized controlled trial. Scientific reports. 2018;8(1):2317.
26. Lee JW, Kim SB, Kim SW. Effects of elastic band exercises on physical ability and muscular topography of elderly females. Journal of physical therapy science. 2018;30(2):248-51.
27. Raue U, Slivka D, Jemiolo B, Hollon C, Trappe S. Myogenic gene expression at rest and after a bout of resistance exercise in young (18–30 yr) and old (80–89 yr) women. Journal of Applied Physiology. 2006;101(1):53-9.
28. Kim J-s, Cross JM, Bamman MM. Impact of resistance loading on myostatin expression and cell cycle regulation in young and older men and women. American Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology And Metabolism. 2005;288(6):E1110-E9.
29. Schiffer T, Geisler S, Sperlich B, Strüder H. MSTN mRNA after varying exercise modalities in humans. International journal of sports medicine. 2011;32(09):683-7.
30. Hofmann M, Schober-Halper B, Oesen S, Franzke B, Tschan H, Bachl N, et al. Effects of elastic band resistance training and nutritional supplementation on muscle quality and circulating muscle growth and degradation factors of institutionalized elderly women: the Vienna Active Ageing Study (VAAS). European journal of applied physiology. 2016;116(5):885-97.
31. Kalinkovich A, Livshits G. Sarcopenia–The search for emerging biomarkers. Ageing research reviews. 2015;22:58-71.
32. Fife E, Kostka J, Kroc Ł, Guligowska A, Pigłowska M, Sołtysik B, et al. Relationship of muscle function to circulating myostatin, follistatin and GDF11 in older women and men. BMC geriatrics. 2018;18(1):200.