- Millet GP, Roels B, Schmitt L, Woorons X, Richalet JP. Combining hypoxic methods for peak performance. Sports medicine (Auckland, NZ). 2010;40(1):1-25.
- Roels B, Millet GP, Marcoux CJ, Coste O, Bentley DJ, Candau RB. Effects of hypoxic interval training on cycling performance. Medicine and science in sports and exercise. 2005;37(1):138-46.
- Ahmad Y, Sharma NK, Ahmad MF, Sharma M, Garg I, Srivastava M, et al. The proteome of Hypobaric Induced Hypoxic Lung: Insights from Temporal Proteomic Profiling for Biomarker Discovery. Scientific reports. 2015;5:10681.
- Olmeda B, Umstead TM, Silveyra P, Pascual A, López-Barneo J, Phelps DS, et al. Effect of hypoxia on lung gene expression and proteomic profile: insights into the pulmonary surfactant response. Journal of proteomics. 2014;101:179-91.
- Vives MF, Caspar-Bauguil S, Aliouat EM, Escamilla R, Perret B, Dei-Cas E, et al. Hypobaric hypoxia-related impairment of pulmonary surfactant proteins A and D did not favour Pneumocystis carinii Frenkel 1999 growth in non-immunocompromised rats. Parasite. 2008;15(1):53-64.
- Chroneos ZC, Sever-Chroneos Z, Shepherd VL. Pulmonary surfactant: an immunological perspective. Cellular physiology and biochemistry: international journal of experimental cellular physiology, biochemistry, and pharmacology. 2010;25(1):13-26.
- Blacker HA, Orgeig S, Daniels CB. Hypoxic control of the development of the surfactant system in the chicken: evidence for physiological heterokairy. American journal of physiology Regulatory, integrative and comparative physiology. 2004;287(2):R403-10.
- Samten B, Townsend JC, Sever-Chroneos Z, Pasquinelli V, Barnes PF, Chroneos ZC. An antibody against the surfactant protein A (SP-A)-binding domain of the SP-A receptor inhibits T cell-mediated immune responses to Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Journal of leukocyte biology. 2008;84(1):115-23.
- Shimoda LA, Semenza GL. HIF and the lung: role of hypoxia-inducible factors in pulmonary development and disease. American journal of respiratory and critical care medicine. 2011;183(2):152-6.
10. Sim YJ, Yu S, Yoon KJ, Loiacono CM, Kohut ML. Chronic exercise reduces illness severity, decreases viral load, and results in greater anti-inflammatory effects than acute exercise during influenza infection. The Journal of infectious diseases. 2009;200(9):1434-42.
11. Su SH, Chen HI, Jen CJ. Exercise enhances surfactant-mediated phagocytosis in bronchoalveolar macrophages. The Chinese journal of physiology. 2005;48(4):210-6.
12. Sh M, F N, M H. Interaction effect of nigella sativa supplement on level of pulmonary surfactant and alveolar remodling following progressive interval training and taper in the maturati stage of male rats. University of Mazandaran. masters thesis. 1392.)in persian)
13. Sh M, E A, M H. Effect of 6-week interval training on the levels of lung HIF-1α in the maturing rat. Sport Physiology. 2014;22(3):125-36.
14. Budgett R, Newsholme E, Lehmann M, Sharp C, Jones D, Peto T, et al. Redefining the overtraining syndrome as the unexplained underperformance syndrome. British journal of sports medicine. 2000;34(1):67-8.
15. Shephard RJ. Immune changes induced by exercise in an adverse environment. Canadian journal of physiology and pharmacology. 1998;76(5):539-46.
16. Pastva AM, Wright JR, Williams KL. Immunomodulatory roles of surfactant proteins A and D: implications in lung disease. Proceedings of the American Thoracic Society. 2007;4(3):252-7.
17. Doyle IR, Morton S, Crockett AJ, Barr HA, Davidson KG, Jones MJ, et al. Composition of alveolar surfactant changes with training in humans. Respirology (Carlton, Vic). 2000;5(3):211-20.
18. Doyle IR, Jones ME, Barr HA, Orgeig S, Crockett AJ, McDonald CF, et al. Composition of human pulmonary surfactant varies with exercise and level of fitness. American journal of respiratory and critical care medicine. 1994;149(6):1619-27.
19. Dimitriou L, Hill JA, Jehnali A, Dunbar J, Brouner J, McHugh MP, et al. Influence of a montmorency cherry juice blend on indices of exercise-induced stress and upper respiratory tract symptoms following marathon running--a pilot investigation. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2015;12:22.
20. Carlsen KH. The breathless adolescent asthmatic athlete. The European respiratory journal. 2011;38(3):713-20.
21. Dietl P, Frick M, Mair N, Bertocchi C, Haller T. Pulmonary Consequences of a Deep Breath Revisited. Neonatology. 2004;85(4):299-304.
22. AD B, PJ A, JG B, MK S, MT R, TE K, et al. Effects of a Simulated Altitude Device on Endurance Performance and Mucosal Immunity. Journal of Exercise Physiology Online. 2014.
23. Walsh NP, Gleeson M, Pyne DB, Nieman DC, Dhabhar FS, Shephard RJ, et al. Position statement. Part two: Maintaining immune health. Exercise immunology review. 2011;17:64-103.
24. Harrod KS, Trapnell BC, Otake K, Korfhagen TR, Whitsett JA. SP-A enhances viral clearance and inhibits inflammation after pulmonary adenoviral infection. The American journal of physiology. 1999;277(3):L580-8.
25. Levine BD. Intermittent hypoxic training: fact and fancy. High altitude medicine & biology. 2002;3(2):177-93.