Document Type : Research Paper I Open Access I Released under CC BY-NC 4.0 license
1 PhD of Exercise Physiology, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
2 Associate Professor, Department of Exercise Physiology, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
3 Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Tarbiat Modares, Tehran, Iran
4 Assistant Professor, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, University of Shahrood, Shahrood, Iran
The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of four weeks of high intensity interval training on muscle myonectin gene expression and insulin resistance index, in the male adult rats. Fourteen Wistar rats (age: eight weeks) were divided into two groups: (1) interval training and (2) control groups. Animals in exercise groups received 4-wk interval training (five sessions per week) that included running on a treadmill and at the same time, the control group did not have any training. The soleus muscle homogenates and the expression of myonectin genes were measured by Real-time PCR analysis. The ELISA method for measuring insulin resistance index. The data were analyzed by Independent t-test. Statistical differences were considered significant at P
- Pedersen B K. (2009). "The diseasome of physical inactivity and the role of myokines in muscle-fat cross talk". Physiology. 587(23): 5559–68.
- Pedersen B. K. (2011). "Exercise-induced myokines and their role in chronic diseases". Brain Behav. Immun. 25(5): 811–6.
- Pedersen B K, Febbraio M A. (2012). "Muscles, exercise and obesity: skeletal muscle as a secretory organ". Nat. Rev. Endocrinol. 8(1): 457–65.
- Norheim F, Raastad T, Thiede B, Rustan AC, Drevon CA, Haugen F. (2011). "Proteomic identification of secreted proteins from human skeletal muscle cells and expression in response to strength training". Am. J. Physiol. 301(5): 1013-21.
- Pedersen B K. (2011). "Muscles and their myokines". Exp.Biol. 214(2): 337–46.
- Ellingsgaard H, Hauselmann I, Schuler B. (2011). "Interleukin-6 enhances insulin secretion by increasing glucagon-like peptide-1 secretion from L cells and alpha cells. Nat Med". 17: 1481–89.
- Pedersen B K, Febbraio M A. (2008). "Muscle as an endocrine organ: focus on muscle-derived interleukin-6. Physiol Rev". 88 (4): 1379–406.
- Kishore U, Reid K B M. (2000). "C1q: structure, function, and receptors Immunopharm". 49 (2): 159–70.
- Hayward C, Shu X, Cideciyan A V. (2003). "Mutation in a shortchain collagen gene, CTRP5, results in extracellular deposit formation in late-onset retinal degenaration: a geneticmodel for age-related macular degeneration". Hum Mol Gen. 12 (20). 2657-67.
10. Seldin M M, Peterson J M, Byerly M S, Wei Z, Wong G W. (2012). "Myonectin (CTRP15), a novel myokine that links skeletal muscle to systemic lipid homeostasis". Biol Chem. 287: 11968–80.
11. Seldin M M, Wong G W. (2012). "Regulation of tissue crosstalk by skeletal muscle-derived myonectin and other myokines". Adipocyte. 1(4): 200–2.
12. Peterson J M, Mart R, Bond C E. (2014). "Effect of obesity and exercise on the expression of the novel myokines, Myonectin and Fibronectin type III domain containing 5". Peer. 2: 31-52.
13. Luis Gamas. Paulo Matafome. (2015). "Irisin and Myonectin Regulation in the Insulin Resistant Muscle:Implications to Adipose Tissue: Muscle Crosstalk". Diabetes Res. 8 (15): 1-8.
14. Soo Lim, Sung Hee Choi, Bo Kyung Koo, Seon Mee Kang, Ji Won Yoon, Hak Chul Jang, et al. (2012). "Effects of Aerobic Exercise Training on C1q Tumor Necrosis Factor Related Protein Isoform 5 (Myonectin): Association with Insulin Resistance and Mitochondrial DNA Density in Women". J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 97(1): 88-93.
15. Nishida T, Tsuji S, Tsujii M, Arimitsu S, Haruna Y, Imano E. (2006). "Oral glucose tolerance test predicts prognosis of patients with liver cirrhosis". Am J Gastroenterol. 101: 70-5.
16. Henriksen E J. (2002). "Invited review: Effects of acute exercise and exercise training on insulin resistance". J Appl Physiol. 93: 788-96.
17. Sharma N, Castorena CM, Cartee GD. (2012). "Greater insulin sensitivity in calorie restricted rats occurs with unaltered circulating levels of several important myokines and cytokines. Nutr Metab (Lond). 9: 90-4.
18. Trapp EG, Chisholm DJ, Freund J, Boutcher SH. (2008). "The effects of high-intensity intermittent exercise training on fat loss and fasting insulin levels of young women". Int J Obes (Lond). 32: 684-91.
19. Little JP, Gillen JB, Percival ME, Safdar A, Tarnopolsky MA, Punthakee Z, et al. (2011). "Low-volume high-intensity interval training reduces hyperglycemia and increases muscle mitochondrial capacity in patients with type 2 diabetes". J Appl Physiol. 111: 1554-60.
20. M Bayati, R Gharakhanlou, B Farzad. (2015). "Adaptations of physiological performance following high-intensity interval training". Jornal of Exercise physiology. 7(26): 15-32. (Persian)
21. Shaw K, Gennat H, O'Rourke P, Del Mar C. (2006). "Exercise for Overweight or Obesity". Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 18: CD003817.
22. Daisuke H, Yuko Y, Kitaoka Y, Hideo H, Arend B. (2013). "High-intensity interval training increases intrinsic rates of mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation in rat red and white skeletal muscle". App Physiol, Nut Metab. 38(3): 61-9.
23. Matthews D, Hosker J, Rudenski A, Naylor B, Treacher D, Turner R. (1985). "Homeostasis model assessment: insulin resistance and beta-cell function from fasting plasma glucose and insulin concentrations in man". Diabetologia. 28 (7); 412-19.
24. Arend bonen, Adrian Chabowski, Joost j F P luiken, Jan f c glatz. (2007). "Mechanisms and Regulation of Protein-Mediated Cellular Fatty Acid Uptake: Molecular, Biochemical, and Physiological Evidence". Int Union Physiol Sci. 22:15-28.
25. Seldin M M, Lei X, Tan S Y, Stanson K P, Wei Z, Wong G W. (2013). "Skeletal muscle-derived myonectin activates the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) pathway to suppress autophagy in liver". Biol Chem. 288 (50): 36073–82.
26. Petersen K F, Shulman G I. (2002). "Pathogenesis of skeletal muscle insulin resistance in type 2 diabetes mellitus". Am J Cardiol. 90: 11–18.
27. Moreno-Navarrete J M, Ortega F, Serrano M. (2013). "Irisin is expressed and produced by human muscle and adipose tissue in association with obesity and insulin resistance". Clin Endocrinol Metab. 98(4): 769–78.
28. Zhang M, Chen P, Chen S. (2014). "The association of new inflammatory markers with type 2 diabetes mellitus and macro vascular complications: a preliminary study". Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 18(11): 1567–72.