Document Type : Research Paper I Open Access I Released under CC BY 4.0 license
The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of 8 weeks of endurance and resistance training on the activity of G4 acetyl cholinesterase in FHL and soleus muscles of rats. 24 male Wistar rats (age: 10 weeks and weight: 171.94±8.961 gr) were randomly divided into 3 groups (control, endurance training (ET) and resistance training (RT)). ET and RT groups carried out 8 weeks (5 sessions per week) of training programs. Resistancetraining included climbing a 1-m ladder (26 stairs) carrying a weight.Results showed that the activity of this protein in fast twitch muscle of RT and ET groups increased significantly (P=0.045 and P=0.015 respectively) compared to control group, but there were no significant differences between RT and ET groups in the mean activity of this protein in the fast twitch muscle (P=0.838). Activity of this protein in slow muscle of RT group was significantly higher than control and ET group (P=0.003 and P=0.005 respectively) but there were no significant differences between control and ET groups in the mean activity of this protein (P=0.958). It seems that this resistance training protocol had a clear effect on the G4 AChE activity in both slow and fast twitch muscles, suggesting the importance of this type of training for adaptations of these muscles. Response to both types of training by fast twitch muscles could be due to more responsiveness of these muscles to training stimuli.
- بنائی فر، عبدالعلی؛ گُرزی، علی؛ هدایتی، مهدی؛ نبیاللهی، زینب (1390). اثر 8 هفته تمرین مقاومتی بر فعالیت استیل کولین استراز در عضلات موش صحرایی، مجلة فیض، ج 15 ش 4، ص 321 - 316.
- مکینتاش، برایان آر؛ گاردینر، فیلیپ اف؛ و مک کومز، الان جی (1391). ساختار و عملکرد عضلۀ اسکلتی، ترجمۀ رضا قراخانلو، احمد آزاد و علی گرزی، تهران، سمت، ص 95 - 90.
- Crne-Finderle, N., Pregelj, P., Sketelj, J. (2005). "Junctional and extrajunctional acetylcholinesterase in skeletal muscle fibers".Chem Biol Interact., Vol.157-158, PP: 23-27.
- Deschenes, M.R., Judelson, D.A., Kraemer, W.J., Meskaitis, V.J., Volek, J.S., Nindl, B.C., Harman, F.S., Deaver, D.R. (2000). "Effects of resistance training on neuromuscular junctionmorphology". Muscle Nerve., Vol.23, No.10, PP: 1576-1581.
- Fahim, M.A. (1997). "Endurance exercise modulates neuromuscular junction of C57BL/6NNia aging mice". J Appl Physiol., Vol.83, No.1, PP: 59–66.
- Gisiger, V., Bélisle, M., Gardiner, P.F. (1994). "Acetylcholinesterase adaptation to voluntary wheel running is proportional to the volume of activity in fast, but not slow, rat hindlimb muscles". Eur J Neurosci., Vol.6, No.5, PP: 673-680.
- Gregory, E.J., Hodges-Savola, C.A., Fernandez, H.L. (1989). "Selective increase of tetrameric (G4) acetylcholinesterase Activity in rat hindlimb skeletal muscle following short-term denervation". J Neurochem., Vol.53, No.5, PP: 1411-1418.
- Hodges-Savola, C. A., and Fernandez, H. L. (199l). "A role for acetylcholine-nicotinic receptor interactions in the selective increase of rat skeletal muscle G4 acetylcholinesterase following short-term denervation". J Neurochem., Vol.56, No.4, PP: 1423-1431.
- Jasmin, B.J., Gisiger, V. (1990). "Regulation by exercise of the pool of G4 acetylcholinesterase characterizingfastmuscles: oppositeeffect of runningtraining in antagonistmuscles". J Neurosci., Vol.10, No.5, PP: 1444-1454.
- Joo YI, Sone T, Fukunaga M, Lim SG, Onodera S. (2003). "Effects of endurance exercise on three-dimensional trabecular bone microarchitecture in young growing rats". Bone., Vol.33, No.4, PP: 485-493.
- Kalamida, D., Poulas, K., Avramopoulou, V., Fostieri, E., Lagoumintzis, G., Lazaridis, K., Sideri, A., Zouridakis, M., Tzartos, S.J. (2007). "Muscle and neuronalnicotinic acetylcholine receptors. Structure, function and pathogenicity". FEBS J., Vol.274, No.15, PP: 3799-3845.
- Kowalchuk H., Noble E. (2013). The effects of acute high- and low-intensity exercise on Hsp70 and Hsp90 accumulation in rat skeletal myofibres and vasculature. University of Western Ontario. Thesis, 1- 57. p 42.
- Lee, S., Farrar, R.P. (2003). "Resistance training induces muscle-specific changes in muscle mass and function in rat". JEPonline., Vol.6, No.2, PP: 80-87.
- Lømo, T., Massoulie´, J., Vigny, M. (1985). "Stimulation of denervated rat soleus muscle with fast and slow activity patterns induces different expression of acetylcholinesterase molecular forms". J Neurosci., Vol.5, No.5, PP: 1180-1187.
- Massoulié, J. (2002). "The origin of the molecular diversity and functional anchoring of cholinesterases". Neurosignals., Vol.11, No.3, PP: 130-143.
- Parnow A, Gharakhanlou R, Gorginkaraji Z, Rajabi S, Eslami R, Hedayati M and Mahdian R. (2012). Effects of Endurance and Resistance Training on Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide and Acetylcholine Receptor at Slow and Fast Twitch Skeletal Muscles and Sciatic Nerve in Male Wistar Rats. International Journal of Peptides. 2012:1-8.
- Prakash, Y.S., Smithson, K.G., and Sieck, G.C. (1995). "Growth-related alterations in motor endplates of type-identified diaphragm muscle fibres". J Neurocytol., Vol.24, No.3, PP: 225-235.
- Rodrigues B, Figueroa D.M, Mostarda C.T, Heeren M.V, Irigoyen M.C and Angelis K.D. Maximal exercise test is a useful method for physical capacity and oxygen consumption determination in streptozotocin-diabetic rats. Cardiovascular Diabetology 2007, 6:38.
- Sketelj J, Crne-Finderle N, Ribaric S, Brzin M. (1991). "Interactions between intrinsic regulation and neural modulation of acetylcholinesterase in fast and slow skeletal muscles". Cell Mol Neurobiol., Vol.11, No.1, PP: 35-54.
- Waerhaug, O., Dahl, H.A., and Kardel, K. (1992). "Different effects of physical training on the morphology of motor nerve terminals in the rat extensor digitorum longus and soleus muscles". Anat Embryol (Berl)., Vol.186, No.2, PP: 125-128.
- Wilson, M.H., Deschenes, M.R. (2005). "The neuromuscular junction: anatomical features and adaptations to various forms of increased, or decreased neuromuscular activity". Int J Neurosci., Vol.115, No.6, PP: 803-828.